The following post is by Lauren
Gordon, PETA’s celebrity marketing coordinator. Lauren is also a certified holistic
Anglophiles, unite! Royal wedding fever has struck the
states! Prince William and Kate Middleton’s nuptials have been dubbed
the “Wedding of the Century,” and coverage of this royal celebration
has engulfed the media. Get the scoop on animal-friendly royal wedding news
- PETA is sending a special wedding gift to the royal couple containing “something old, something new, something
borrowed, and something blue.”
- What isn’t
on the wedding menu? Foie gras—Prince Charles banned it from royal residences because of the widespread inhumane practices involved in producing it.
- Plants and flowers used in the wedding will be locally sourced and then replanted, a green and sustainable choice for the eco-conscious couple.
- Excited canines can get in the festive spirit by
donning a commemorative
Prince William and Kate Middleton Doggie T-Shirt!
- America’s answer to the royal wedding: Vegan couple
King of Vegas Steve Wynn and his girlfriend, Andrea Hissom, will wed the same
weekend as the British royals. Rumor has it, the wedding will be a vegan affair.
- Williamsburg will host a canine royal wedding,
featuring rescued dogs.
- “Kate” is becoming an increasingly popular name for
dogs and “Prince William” is gaining popularity among the feline set.
If you didn’t make the guest list for the royal affair (or
maybe your invite just got lost in the mail), celebrate at home by making
traditional English dishes, such as vegan sausage rolls and crumpets, served alongside a cup of tea with soy milk.
Article source: PETA Action Alerts