Thanksgiving is coming up, and you know what that means—a bellyful of delicious vegan food and lots of time spent with friends and family! But let’s face it—those two things don’t always mix.
It’s not always easy being vegan around the holidays, so PETA has just what you’re looking for—here are five ways that you can veganize your Thanksgiving:
- No Thanksgiving dinner is complete without a turkey, but no turkey needs to be cruelly slaughtered to end up as dinner. Why not try a delicious alternative from Gardein, Tofurky, or Field Roast? Just ask your family to sample one bite of your faux fowl, and they’ll fall in love!
- Bring on the gravy! If your family’s not sold on the faux turkey, wow them with one of our amazing vegan gravy recipes.
- Puddings, pies, and brownies—we’ve got them all veganized! If your favorite dessert isn’t on our list, The Ultimate Vegan Baking Cheat Sheet is here to help—just veganize your dessert by replacing dairy products and eggs with cruelty-free ingredients such as applesauce, bananas, and mashed potatoes.
- Try these delicious holiday recipes that will please every palate and make it easier to give up the giblets, giving everyone—including animals—something to be thankful for this holiday season.
- Plan a visit with turkeys! That’s right—take your whole family out to a sanctuary and spend some time with these gentle, intelligent animals. Who could imagine hurting one of these sweethearts? Check the Global Federation of Animal Sanctuaries website to find a sanctuary near you.
P.S. Stay involved and informed on animal rights throughout the holiday season by joining PETA’s Action Team today!
Article source: PETA Action Alerts