Here’s some welcome news: Despite the barrage of deceptive dairy industry
propaganda, sales of cow’s milk—already in free fall—have plummeted in the U.S. It seems that more and more consumers are getting the message that
dairy foods are as bad for
our health as they are for the well-being
To make sure the downward trend continues, PETA is
re-releasing its series of popular ads parodying the industry’s “Got Milk?” campaign. Check them out:
1. On dairy factory farms, male calves are of no use in milk
production, so they are often taken away from their mothers when they are as young as 1 day old to be chained up in tiny stalls for weeks—terrified
and desperate for their mothers—and fed an inadequate milk substitute to make
them miserably anemic in order to produce the pale flesh most desired for veal.
2. Female cows don’t fare much better: After having their sensitive horn tissue cut or burned away, most are forced into a vicious cycle of nearly continuous pregnancy, only to
have calf after calf taken away so that the milk they produce to nourish their
young can be consumed by humans instead. And, of course, once they stop
producing enough milk to be profitable, they are sent off to slaughter.
3. Cow’s milk is intended for, well, baby cows, not baby
humans, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that it’s not good for our kids, raising
their risk for a variety of
4. Adolescence is hard enough without dealing with blemishes. Take it from Woody Harrelson—to lose the pimples, lose the milk.
5. It’s not just kids who have to worry about milk mucking up
their health—men have good
reason to dump dairy products, too.
6. Ugh. Would you drink a glass of water to which even one drop
of pus from a cow’s infected udders had been added? No? Then why drink cow’s milk?
What You Can Do
Steer clear (no cow pun intended) of cow’s milk and other
dangerous dairy products. And since all foods from animals result from
suffering, the only way to be truly cruelty-free is to go vegan.
Article source: PETA Files