March 9, 2016
Following the rescue of 295 animals from unsafe and unsanitary conditions at a suspected puppy mill in Arkansas the dogs and puppies are recovering and being preparing for placement in new, loving homes.
The animals will be moved to the following Emergency Placement Partners of The Humane Society of the United States, where they will receive care and have time to heal before they get the second chance they deserve.
- Arkansas: Humane Society of Saline County, Madison County Pet Shelter (Paws and Claws Pet Shelter)
- Florida: Alachua County Humane Society, Humane Society of Marion County, Humane Society of Naples, Humane Society of Sarasota County, Humane Society of Tampa Bay, Humane Society of Vero Beach Indian River County, Jacksonville Humane Society, Peggy Adams Animal Rescue League of Palm Beach, Tri-County Animal Rescue
- District of Columbia: Washington Animal Rescue League
- Illinois: Chicago French Bulldog Rescue
- Kansas: Great Plains SPCA
- Maryland: SPCA of Anne Arundel County
Kim Alboum, director of the Emergency Placement Partner program for The HSUS said: “Our Emergency Placement Partners are a crucial element in The HSUS’ national mission to rescue abused animals. Our partners throughout the country are ready to get these puppy mill survivors started on the next part of their journey.”
Media Contact: Samantha Miller: 301-258-1466; email@example.com
Article source: HSUS