March 21, 2018
The Humane Society Wildlife Land Trust is an affiliate of The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS). The Humane Society Wildlife Land Trust (HSWLT) celebrates and protects wild animals by creating permanent sanctuaries, preserving and enhancing natural habitat and confronting cruelty. The HSWLT is currently seeking an Online Campaign Web Strategist to develop and promote an effective digital presence for the Wildlife Land Trust to include creating, producing, and managing all online campaigns to support fundraising and advocacy goals.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing all activities necessary to run the organization’s website, wildlifelandtrust.org; this includes proposing and creating new content, integrating new technologies (e.g. mobile) when appropriate, planning and managing related e-newsletter, cultivation, and web campaigns;
- Writing, creating, formatting, (using HTML) and sending emails to segments of the Trust’s online members using established strategies and appropriate software;
- Creating and maintaining the Trust’s marketing calendar and observing HSUS schedules and resources;
- Developing and maintaining a strong analytical and conversion testing environment that focuses on web and email content as well as monitoring overall online campaign performance and providing reports and recommendations based on the data;
- Developing and implementing new online strategies and initiatives to raise funds, growing the email file, supporting campaign and program goals, and cultivating donors and advocates; will liaise with Direct Marketing team to integrate online fundraising with traditional fundraising channels, as necessary;
- Planning and implementing associated marketing and outreach campaigns across new and traditional media channels to further the organization’s fundraising, advocacy, and communications goals;
- Acting as the Community Manager for the Trust’s Facebook page and maintaining rapport with followers, creating and posting 3-4 weekly posts; designing sharegrapics for posts
- Other duties as requested.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, liberal arts, communications, or other relevant field, or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum three years’ experience in online content production—producing and maintaining web pages and/or emails, writing/editing for an online audience, and project management required —preferably for an advocacy or other nonprofit organization.
- Strong writing skills are essential as is experience in and/or knowledge of web development processes and online advocacy; basic HTML and web design experience strongly desired;
- Experience using Convio Luminate or similar content management system is preferred;
- Interest in animal protection issues essential.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS