March 21, 2018
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Coordinator, Philadelphia for its Pets for Life (PFL) Department. The main responsibility of this position will be to deliver critical messages, resources, information, and services to people and pets in our communities of focus.
This position will be responsible for
- Conducting all follow up with clients signed up for spay/neuter appointments and making the community organizer and manager aware of clients who need additional engagement;
- Maintaining and keeping current the PFL database and collecting all program and client data from the rest of the PFL team;
- Coordinating and communicating with community organizer and manager on spay/neuter and wellness care appointments for clients/pets;
- Arranging spay/neuter and wellness care appointments with local spay/neuter and veterinary providers for clients/pets;
- Helping to plan advertisement for and implement community outreach events;
- Building relationships with PFL clients and other people within the community of focus as well as with other animal organizations, community groups, community leaders, etc.;
- Assisting when possible with fundraising, community presentations and other educational opportunities;
- Acting as a media spokesperson for PFL program with the media, to other organizations, at conferences, etc. as needed;
- Other duties as directed by supervisor.
Qualifications and Requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent required;
- Experience in community outreach or advocacy work required;
- Must have excellent computer skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with department staff and other HSUS departments;
- Must be able to travel;
- Must be able to move/lift 50 lbs, bend frequently, and stand throughout the workday;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred, but not required;
- Knowledge of animal welfare preferred.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Philadelphia, PA.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS