April 11, 2018
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking an Email Marketing Specialist for the Digital Marketing department. The primary purpose of this position is to produce email marketing campaigns that meet the organization’s fundraising and advocacy goals and support the day to day operations of the team. .
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing, implementing, and disseminating digital content related to email marketing using HTML-coded templates; including all phases of content review, quality control, and sending emails to appropriate audiences using segmentation strategies;
- Managing projects between campaigns, departments, and other HSUS stakeholders based on priority, audience, and timing of digital campaigns; working directly with the creative and technology teams to get necessary assets for campaigns;
- Maintaining, reviewing, and updating live digital campaign content;
- Analyzing email campaign performance and providing reports and recommendations;
- Providing cross-checking and quality control for team members’ content as needed;
- Researching trends and creative opportunities in the digital marketing space;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- A minimum of two years of experience in digital content development, production, or marketing required, preferably for an advocacy or other nonprofit organization;
- Experience with HTML, CSS, basic web design, email, website, and constituent management systems (such as Luminate Online, Blackbaud, Salesforce) strongly preferred.
- Experience at a nonprofit sector desired, but not required;
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills are required;
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills and be able to think creatively and strategically solve problems;
- Ability to manage projects and work well within a team;
- Strong interest in animal protection issues desired.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS