April 11, 2018
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization, is seeking a Specialist, Companion Animals and Engagement for it’s affiliate Humane Society International (HSI). This position is responsible for interaction and messaging with the general public via email, phone, and inquiries that come through the mailn email account for the companion animals department. This position is also the lead contact for our network of local, partner animal welfare organizations globally.
This position will be responsible for:
- Managing, researching and responding to constituent/donor inquiries via [email protected] regarding issues/campaigns under the purview of HSI Companion Animals;
- Managing the World Spay Day activities – specifically the international component to the HSUS domestic activities related to this global event;
- Responding with informative materials and resources to requesting partner animal advocate groups and local organizations globally;
- Drafting letters to government and local animal organizations for campaign issues when requested by the VP;
- Researching funding opportunities for HSI Companion Animal programs;
- Writing and updating department web content/pages and monitoring the need for updated information online to inform internal marketing of needed change;
- Creating a database of veterinarians interested in volunteering with HSI programs;
- Staying abreast of the latest global companion animal issues;
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum two years of professional animal welfare experience required along with commitment to global animal protection issues;
- Must have prior project management experience, strong organizational skills, planning and time management skills;
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills to be able to translate information into a meaningful, understandable messaging;
- Ability to independently research and resolve questions and issues as they arise;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office (i.e., WORD, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based out of a home office and can be performed from anywhere in the Continental US only.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS