April 18, 2018
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Tributes Coordinator for the Advancement Operations department. This position is responsible for providing a personalized customer service experience for tributes donor and their gift recipients.
This position will be responsible for:
- Coordinating and processing acknowledgements for gift and memorial donations according to the donor’s specifications and collaborating with the Philanthropy department to ensure that the acknowledgment process is appropriate for major donors;
- Serving as the primary contact for tribute donors and providing customized service appropriate for the occasion or event;
- Responding to donor inquiries via phone, email, and/or mail;
- Working directly with tribute donors to obtain more information and to make any necessary corrections to acknowledgements;
- Notifying tribute donors when acknowledgements have been mailed to gift recipients;
- Reviewing donation reports for data integrity and work internal teams to resolve any issues negatively impacting the donor experience;
- Identifying ways to improve the tribute process for affiliate donors and implement changes accordingly;
- Assisting with the management of special promotions and working with vendors to ensure fulfillment is timely and efficient;
- Creating and maintaining reports to track revenue and sorting and manipulating spreadsheets to prepare data for the merging and printing of donor cards;
- Collaborating with the director and other departments to identify new channels to promote the tributes program such as updating program-related content on the website, brochures, or inserts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree preferred;
- A minimum of two years’ experience in customer service/administrative setting required;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills along with strong interpersonal skills; must have a commitment to providing superior “customer” care to donors and demonstrate a high regard to confidential donor information;
- Must be a creative thinker, demonstrate attention to detail, and have a positive can-do attitude;
- Must be highly organized and be able to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required;
- Must have basic knowledge of databases and ability to learn new software quickly;
- Interest in animal welfare issues desired and prior fundraising experience is a strong plus.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS