April 25, 2018
The Humane Society of the United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking an Administrative Assistant for the Marketing Communications department. The primary purpose of this position is to carry out high-level administrative support to executives who oversee marketing and communications along with their respective leadership teams.
This position will be responsible for:
- Maintaining calendar and schedule appointments for two leadership positions;
- Scheduling and managing meetings, conference calls, appointments and travel to ensure a smooth and efficiently-managed office environment;
- Preparing and distributing agendas, notices, background briefing materials, and minutes for key meetings;
- Producing comprehensive and descriptive Excel spreadsheets and reports, PowerPoint presentations, and other office documents;
- Managing specific marketing-related processes and requirements, such as state compliance registrations and coordinating the legal and accounting review of select marketing initiatives;
- Screening incoming calls and correspondence and responding independently when possible; typing memos and other documents; maintaining files and records for confidentiality, reference, and quick retrieval;
- Compiling and processing expense reports, reimbursements, and check requests accurately and timely, for key staff of the communications and fundraising teams;
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or related field preferred, or equivalent work experience required;
- A minimum of one year of administrative assistant experience required;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; comfortable communicating with all levels of management
- Exceptionally professional, exhibits a high level of diplomacy, and builds rapport easily.
- Expert user of MS Excel software, including the ability to generate graphs from data within Excel. Proficient user of MS PowerPoint and MS Word software and with other Windows Office programs including instant messaging;
- Superior records management and document-production skills along with ability to meet deadlines and maintain confidentiality.
- The ability to effectively interact with executives inside and outside the organization.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is based in Gaithersburg, MD.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS