July 5, 2018
The Humane Society of The United States (HSUS), the nation’s most effective animal advocacy organization is seeking an Interim Coordinator, Direct Mail for the Mail and Telemarketing department. The main responsibility of this position is to coordinate organizational direct mail programs which includes content research, trafficking of copy and artwork, and daily interaction with external agencies, In addition, the individual will be responsible for ongoing direct mail program management including mail plans, cost estimates and invoice review.
This position will be responsible for:
- Coordinating all daily direct mail projects and staying abreast of timelines and projected deliverables;
- Trafficking of copy and art through internal approvals; ensuring all edits and comments are sent to the agencies and reviewing final product prior to print;
- Interacting with internal departments to secure content for mailings, and referring to organizations’ websites, blogs, etc., to verify accuracy of all stories used in letter copy and artwork;
- Establishing and cultivating working relationships with the direct marketing agencies with the shared goal of maximizing fundraising success, which includes weekly and monthly status meetings;
- Ensuring that use of the organizations’ branded materials adheres to organizations’ guidelines and those established by the Better Business Bureau;
- Ensuring allocation of costs across fundraising, education, and program, meets accounting auditing requirements.
- Providing support to the department as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required;
- Minimum two years of direct marketing experience required;
- Must have strong organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and ability to manage multiple and changing priorities while meeting deadlines and deliverables;
- Ability to work independently and as an effective team member;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and copyediting experience is strongly desired;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (WORD, POWERPOINT, EXCEL), Adobe Acrobat and SharePoint required;
- Interest in animal protection issues strongly desired.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position can be based from a remote location within the United States.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS