October 10, 2018
The Humane Society of the United States, the nation’s most effective animal protection organization, is seeking a Program Manager, Homes for Horses Coalition (HHC) in the Equine Protection department. This position is responsible for building relationships with and providing vehicles through which Homes for Horses Coalition (HHC) members, such as equine rescue organizations and sanctuaries, can increase their level of professionalism, sustainability and growth through the promotion of best practices. Produces an e-newsletter for Coalition members, develops and coordinates national conference and webinar program, and promotes program through members and other communications vehicles.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing and executing plans for annual national conference, to include venue selection, guest speakers, promotion and budget oversight;
- Designing and executing webinar series to promote best practices to equine rescues and sanctuaries;
- Creating e-newsletters to promote HHC programs, national conferences for Coalition members and distributes educational information aimed at increasing professionalism in the equine protection field;
- Collaborating with the media and communications team to promote the HHC and its members and programs;
- Recruiting equine rescue organizations to become HHC members;
- Creating educational materials on improving professionalism, fundraising, and best practices for HHC website;
- Compiling and reporting monthly metrics for AWI, HSUS and ASPCA staff.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or equivalent experience required;
- Minimum of three years’ experience working with campaigns and/or equine organizations;
- Demonstrate ability to develop, prioritize, propose, and advocate for major legislative/regulatory strategies;
- Business acumen, negotiation and mediation skills, and a demonstrated attention to detail and quality-focused outcomes;
- The ability to build/foster relationships by reinforcing trust and respect, and demonstrating high standards of tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills with the ability to translate information into a meaningful, understandable context and message, regardless of the format (e.g., documents, public speaking situations, presentations, etc.);
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time management skills with demonstrated flexibility and the ability to manage multiple and often changing priorities and issues of varying complexity, while meeting time sensitive deadlines and deliverables;
- Thorough knowledge of and commitment to equine protection;
- Attention to detail and commitment to excellence demonstrated by the delivery of quality and timely outcomes;
- Ability to work both independently and as an effective team member;
- Ability to travel.
Please submit a cover letter and resume using this form or fax to 301-548-7701. This position is located in Gaithersburg, MD or can be a remote position.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identify, disability, marital or parental status, or protected veteran status.
Back to Employment Opportunities»
Article source: HSUS